Monday, January 31, 2011

Have you heard??? She's coming!!

I'm referring to none other than The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond herself!!! She will be in Memphis February 26th at Davis-Kidd. You better believe I will be there! I have definitely enjoyed the cooking part of her blog, and I have enjoyed her cookbook since receiving it for Christmas! (Thanks, Rox!)
I didn't see a point in re-posting a recipe of hers that she has already beautifully documented on her blog, but I thought I would provide you with a photo of our attempt at re-creating the Portobella Mushroom Burgers. They were amazing! I'm a huge fan of portobellas anyway, and this recipe (minus the prosciutto...not a fan of salty ham...) was delish. I think next time I may try a pesto-mayo spread...

I shared quite a few recipes with you recently, and I never fully explained why! Although I do love to cook anytime of the year, I wanted to make Kyle's birthday special with some of his food favorites! Hence all of the tastiness...here are a few pictures of the fun things we did to celebrate the big 2-8.


We got to celebrate, just the two of us, the night before Kyle's birthday!


Kyle went hunting the morning of his birthday, and he came home to Parker-man giving him a Happy Birthday sign that he colored!!


This is what happened when I hacked into an onion...I had JUST done my make-up. All for the hubby! :)


Kyle with his present!! He can't wait to use it over spring break!

Kyle and Parker enjoying a story.

We had a fun weekend!! Here's to another fun year with my best friend!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! You are such a good cooker! Great pictures - Happy Birthday Kyle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayay!!! Pioneer Woman here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magnificent onion massacre picture. This makes me miss you!!

    ReplyDelete