Thursday, July 28, 2011

Iced Coffee!

Homemade Iced Coffee is all the rage right now... haven't you heard?? The Pioneer Woman had her own recipe, and there are a few others floating around Pinterest. (If you have yet to check Pinterest out, DO IT! If you like to look at blogs for great ideas, but don't really enjoy the rambling on and on... Pinterest is worth your time!)

I found THIS recipe on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it! Then I realized the method she used for making the actual coffee, and I don't have patience for that... SO, I brewed a normal batch of hot coffee and stuck it in the fridge. I made her "sweet cream" using a can of evaporated milk and a can of sweetened condensed milk. Soon enough I had a glass of AMAZINGLY perfect Iced Coffee! I just poured about 2/3 full of coffee, topped it off with the cream, and then added a few squeezes of chocolate syrup (really healthy, right??). And...

Y'all. Don't ever buy Iced Coffee from Starbuck's again. I kid you not. It's literally better than any iced coffee I've ever bought at a coffee shop. I love that you can make it as strong or as sweet as you want, too! Oh, and put it in a mason jar to drink it. All the cool kids are doing it. Plus, it just looks pretty.

Next up??
Iced Chai Tea Latte. I have made them before using a recipe that has you steep chai tea bags, fresh ginger, and peppercorns in steamed milk, but it wasn't quite "spicy" enough for me. I also saw a recipe basically having you make your own chai tea mix (meaning you would have to buy star anise and ground cardamom... and I've never seen them in a store before..). While it's probably delicious, I thought this mix might be easier! Plus, I've actually heard good things about it. I'll be sure to give you an update...

Until then... I'm off to finish my iced coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I HAD heard! I saw it on her blog today. I can't wait to try!!!

    ReplyDelete