Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yummy Breakfast. Or Dessert. Synonomous, right??

I have expressed my love for Pinterest before and I'll do it again... I LOVE PINTEREST. There. I got it off my chest... I can't tell you how many lovely, awesome, beautiful, and most importantly, tasty things you can find! Today, I'm going to share a recent find in the tasty category:

I found a pin that took me here. Sopapilla cheesecake. Doesn't it even SOUND yummy?? I thought so, too. So here's my take on it:

Sopapilla Cheesecake:
Ingredients:

1 can crescent rolls
1 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
Cinnamon & Sugar

(The original recipe calls for just white sugar, but we love the taste of brown sugar... so we split it!)

Just for looks, I bought the seamless dough. It cost just as much as the perforated Pillsbury dough so it didn't really matter. If I had found a Kroger brand of cresent rolls, I would have used that... but I didn't see any!

Preheat oven to 350!
First, step is to mix cream cheese and sugars.

Add vanilla and mix.

I could eat just the cream cheese mixture. Mmmmm.

Her directions say to spread the first layer of crescent roll dough in an ungreased pan, but I didn't want to take a chance on a crusty mess. So I greased it up. You will just use half of the roll for the bottom.

Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom layer of dough.

And the most crucial step? Lick the bowl, beaters, and spoon. Trust me. You won't regret it!

Cover the mixture with the second half of the dough.

Spread the melted butter over the dough...

...and sprinkle your cinnamon and sugar on top.

Bake for 20-30 minutes and...
Look at that! YUM.

Both times I've made it, I've had to leave it in for the whole 30 minutes.

Serve it as soon as you can possibly stand to put it in your mouth without burning it! And since you will already be dealing with a sugar-overload, pair it with an iced coffee. You're day will be MUCH better because of it. OH. And then eat the leftovers (if there are any...) for dessert that night. Or an hour later.

Ok, that's all. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment