Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Breakfast Food. Delish.


Have you seen these on Pinterest? The Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares (longest name ever...) looked pretty good (and EASY) to me! I actually had some quiet time around the house today (what???) and decided to try them out! Our breakfasts have been pretty boring lately so I hoped these would be a nice little change for the next couple mornings. The recipe is found on a cute blog called Gingerbread Bagels. My bananas are WAY too green right now to even try and mush them so I had to improvise. I used 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin instead AND added a couple sprinkles of nutmeg. I was worried about the flavor of pumpkin mixed with peanut butter, but it was pretty good! I will say that they taste healthy, which means they are not really sweet. I ate one with peanut butter spread on top (like she suggests) AND some chocolate chips. That sort of defeated the purpose of "healthy"... but I'll eat an apple later. That evens it out right?? Anyway, I will definitely make these again mostly because they were SO easy. Maybe 10 minutes tops. Most of that time was spent digging through my messy spice cupboard...

Another great breakfast food we've tried recently... also a popular pin on Pinterest:
Two ingredient Pumpkin Muffins!

This links you to a blogger that said she got it from another blog that made it into a cake instead and that blog says she got it from someone else... so I wasn't sure who to give actual credit to... whatever... I gave SOMEONE credit... back to the muffins:

They are SO easy. AND delish. And if you want to make them three ingredient muffins, add some chocolate chips into the batter. You will NOT regret it. The longest part of the recipe is just putting the batter into the muffin tin! We made the whole batch, ate some for breakfast, and then froze the rest. They tasted just as good reheated! This recipe is SO worth it...

Now I'm going to eat another square...

No comments:

Post a Comment