Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lima Bean Wreath...?

I know...you think I'm crazy. I'll explain.

So...I "follow" a blog called Made. I LOVE it. It's definitely one of my faves. When I saw THIS I just knew I NEEDED one. But I didn't have any acorns!!!!! That's when I cried...just kidding, but I really wanted to make something like it! She (Dana from Made) suggests in her blog post about the wreath to use lima beans if you don't have acorns readily available! YES! Exactly what I needed to hear! I picked up a bag of dry limas for a dollar and some cents...and I already had an "empty" wreath. With a little bit of hot glue, a lot of burnt fingers, and a good coat of spray paint I ended up with this:
Mine is DEFINITELY not as pretty as Dana's, but I loved it! I strung it up on my old window (thanks, Rox!) with a scrap piece of ribbon, and voila! And lima beans aren't necessarily season specific like acorns are...so my wreath stays up all year round! (The spray paint is supposed to be grey...but it's blu-ish don't you think?? It's so hard to find a grey that is actually grey and NOT blu-ish grey...ok I'm done.)

P.S. I gave a shout-out to my sis Rox when mentioning the old window... that smart cookie can find the BEST deals ever. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Rox...) I think she got THREE old windows for FREE on Craigslist... do you know how much people charge for those things??? She also go the BEST deal on a stinkin' cute/awesome rug for her living room... which she was featured on the news as she was buying it...you can find it here. She's going to kill me...

1 comment:

  1. Haha....sorry to disappoint you, but I think I got them for $8 for a small one and $10 for your size. Still a good deal (I think)!

    ReplyDelete