Saturday, February 5, 2011

I love my nephews!! (And a recipe...)

Look at my cute nephews!! I got to play with them this week, and we had SO much fun! We had EVERY single toy out and on the floor, and I loved it!! Parker was so excited to play with his cousins, and Roxanne and I were excited for some adult interaction! :) Unfortunately, these are the only pictures I took...
Not a great pic, but isn't he so cute?! I LOVE to hear him say, "I love you, CeCe!"
This little guy is the SWEETEST. Look at that face! He looks like his mama...
The boys. A crazy, crazy crew...no lie. They are SO fun together! (I am realizing how often my child is without pants in pictures...)

Now. Onto the recipe...

I have recently realized how amazing Kroger's meat department is... they have awesome deals, and a HUGE selection of meats. I used to just get EVERYTHING at Wal-Mart, but I have found it SO worth it to stop by Kroger on the way home for meat! All of that said... I found a REALLY amazing deal on a package of 2 humongous pork chops and could not pass them up. They were the inspiration for our in-home date night menu this week! (Although, we were so hungry that we couldn't wait until Parker went to bed to eat...so every bite was interrupted by a hyper little boy pushing the limits...)

Grilled Honey Lime Pork Chops
Ingredients:

2-4 pork chops (ours were huge)
1/4 cup lemon juice (I used half lemon juice, half lime juice...and the real thing is ALWAYS better...)
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
1 Tbsp. dry sherry
2 cloves garlic, minced (we buy the jar of already minced garlic and use it ALL the time...)

-Whisk all ingredients (except pork chops...) until smooth.
-Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over pork.
-Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (We made it 2 hours...I told you we got hungry...)
-Remove pork chops from dish, and heat remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat to a simmer.
-Grill pork (Unless your husband offers to do it for you!) over medium-hot coals for 12-15 minutes, turning once and basting frequently.

Serve with oven steak fries and dijon mustard and sauteed spinach.
If you need a new marinade for your pork chops, please try this one!!! It's SO, so good... let me know what you think!

P.S. Neither one of us could even come close to finishing our pork chops... they were massive...

Hope you have a great weekend!!

1 comment: