Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Smoooooooooooothies.

In an attempt to add more fruit (and veggies!) to our lives, Kyle and I decided to whip out our handy Ninja (thanks, Mom!) to create some smoothies. Real Simple's February 2011 issue included 10 different smoothie ideas, and this one is adapted from their raspberry and nut smoothie. I love Real Simple!!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 banana
3/4 cup pineapple
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 Tbsp. honey (Mmmmm...)
a couple ice cubes

Add all ingredients to your NINJA! (Or blender..)
Pulse until smooth...
Enjoy!

We loved the taste of this smoothie!! I was so pleased with the natural sweetness...a lot of you know how much a sugar fiend I am, but I think I've changed my ways. Well, I guess just for this smoothie...honey is a PERFECT natural sweetener!

Check out their other smoothies or create your own!

P.S. The Ninja looks silly on T.V....but it is AMAZING! It has two rotating blades that perfectly chops/blends/purees even ICE! I take any excuse to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment