Friday, February 18, 2011

Zucchini Fritters!

I recently found a new cooking blog that I love! Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice has a lot of really good recipes! She has everything from Zuppa Toscana to Microwave Cake in a Mug (For real, y'all. It's a little too easy to have chocolate cake, now...) These Zucchini Fritters stuck out to me for some reason...as unappealing as that name sounds, I decided to give it a "GO". They are REALLY good! Kyle and Parker both liked them so that's an A+ in my book.... so here they are:

Ingredients:

2 small zucchini
1 tsp. salt
4 green onions, minced
4 Tbsp. dried parsley (1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped)
4 Tbsp. dried dill (1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
canola oil or cooking spray
sour cream, feta, or Tzatziki sauce

-Grate zucchini into a colander in the sink. Toss with salt and let stand for 10 minutes. (The less water the better!) This is a GREAT chance to use your food processor if you have the grating feature. I'm always looking for excuses to pull that thing out, and this was perfect! I had two zucchini fully grated in about 5 seconds!
-Squeeze out liquid.
-Combine Parmesan, flour, green onions, parsley, and dill all nice and pretty in a bowl so you can take a picture of it...no, I'm kidding. But there is something about seeing the ingredients all nice and neat in a bowl like that...weird, I know.
-Beat egg in a separate bowl.
-Add egg and zucchini to the rest of the neatly arranged ingredients.
-Mix well!
-Cover the bottom of pan with canola oil or cooking spray. (Next time I make these, I will just use cooking spray. You just don't want them to stick to the bottom of the pan.)
-Turn eye to Medium heat.
-Pan-fry spoonfuls of the mixture flattening down with a spatula, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (or until golden brown. It just depends on how crispy you want the fritters to be!)
Mmmmm.
-Drain on paper towel...
...and serve with sour cream...
...or crumbled feta.

Enjoy!

Next time I will prepare Our Best Bites' Tzatziki Sauce to dip these tasty treats in!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I totally have about 10 zuchinni sitting in a bowl to make baby food with, now I'm making this for our dinner tonight instead. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let me know how y'all like them!!!

    ReplyDelete